Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Almost there....

I haven't been able to write for a while, what with the trying to not fail my first year. Tomorrow is the last day of exams though, so I hope to start writing again soon. So, quick update: I'm programming pretty much exclusively in Factor now. It is tons of fun: Factor is pretty much the coolest language I've used (including Lisp!), and being able to talk (via IRC) with the creator and chief architects of the language is really neat. I've made some minor commits so far, namely writing the deployment tool for *nix platforms, which was actually pretty easy. Right now, I'm working on implementing a Lisp compiler in Factor, which is tons of fun. It's coming along pretty well now and I hope to finish it off when I finish exams. So, off to study more for ECE...I shall return!

No comments: