Thursday, June 26, 2008

Blogging from Emacs

As a brief diversion from the Factor stuff I've been working on, I wanted to just share a bit of information that someone out there may find useful.

g-util.el and various frustrations

Since I first saw it, I wanted to use the gblogger-* functions for emacs that g-util.el gives. However, I ended up having a bunch of problems that I was unable to fix and soon gave up. However, yesterday I decided to have another go at it and managed to get it working! It turned out to only require two changes, but they didn't seem to be well-documented anywhere...So, without further ado, here's how to get the g-util stuff working in emacs (your mileage may vary, of course):

  1. Make sure the shell is set to bash. I initially had the shell set to zsh, which resulted in parsing errors
  2. It seems that w3m-buffer doesn't work as the g-html-handler. I set it to switch-to-buffer, which seems to work
And that's it! Enjoy blogging via Emacs!

No comments: