Saturday, April 25, 2009

Been a While...

Well, it's been ages since I wrote anything here, as school as been consuming my life...but summer is nearly here, so hopefully I'll be able to start writing again. In the meantime, a brief summary of what I've been up to:
  • I've been doing a bit of factor stuff on the side, but nothing worth contributing.
  • I wrote about 5 kLOC of PIC assembler for a school project, to control a "robot". Not the most pleasant experience.
  • I started playing with perl's Catalyst, and found it to be pretty nice...more grokkable than RoR, for me at least.
  • Just started trying to learn Squeak Smalltalk, which is quite a beauty thus far.
Not much, other than that...second-year engsci barely gives one time to sleep, much less have fun. I have been considering taking advice I was given concerning this blog and starting to write about various other topics, besides programming. I think I may enjoy that..

Postscript

I take a great deal of pride in knowing a large number of programming languages...so, in order to give myself more motivation to write, I'm going to soon be starting an n-part series of my impressions, opinions, and snarky comments about as many different languages as I can. Should be fun!

No comments: